Industrial heat flux sensor
HF05 measures heat flux and surface temperature in industrial environments. The sensor has a fully sealed stainless steel body and a PTFE cable. It can withstand relatively extreme environmental conditions.
HF05 measures heat flux through the object on which it is mounted, in W/m2, as well as its surface temperature in °C. The sensors in HF05 are a thermopile and a type K thermocouple. A thermopile and a thermocouple are passive sensors; they do not require power. The sensors inside HF05 are protected by a fully sealed stainless steel body.
Typical applications of HF05 are studies of fouling in industrial environments mounted on tubing or on the jacket of reactors. HF05 is also used for performance evaluation of industrial insulation. Using HF05 is easy. It can be connected directly to commonly used data logging systems. The heat flux in W/m2 is calculated by dividing the HF05 output, a small voltage, by the sensitivity. The sensitivity is provided with HF05 on its product certificate.
Click on drawing in Gallery for HF05 dimensions: The heat flux sensor (2) is connected to a stainless steel tube. This tube is again connected to a 3 m PTFE cable (3). A flange (1) is situated on both sides of the sensor for mounting. Dimensions are in mm.
HF05 complies with the requirements of ASTM C1041-85 (2007) Standard Practice for In-Situ Measurements of Heat Flux in Industrial Thermal Insulation Using Heat Flux Transducers.
HF05 calibration is traceable to international standards. The factory calibration method follows the recommended practice of ASTM C1130.
- industrial heat flux measurements
- performance evaluation of industrial insulation
- longer cable (specify total cable length in m)
- connector at HF05 cable end
- EC type examination certificate (ATEX) II 2 G EEx d IIC T6
- extension cable with 2 connectors matching cable connector and chassis connector (specify cable length in m)
- chassis connector with internal wiring (colour code of wiring identical to cable colour code)
Are you interested in one of our products?
Are you interested in using one of our products and do you still have some questions open?
Or would you like to get a quote?
- heat flux
- Heat flux sensor
- Temperature sensor
- thermocouple type K
- Uncertainty of heat flux calibration
- ± 10 % (k= 2)
- Calibration traceability
- to SI units
- Recommended number of sensors
- 2 per measurement location
- IP protection class
- Measurement range
- -6000 to 6000 W/m2
- Sensitivity (nominal)
- 15 x 10-6 V/(W/m2)
- Rated operating temperature range
- -30 to +170 oC
- Standard cable length
- 3 m
- Order code
- HF05 / cable length in m